The behavior of N-body, spring/mass systems
A simulation model is used to analyze the behavior of N-body spring/mass systems. Both 3 and 6 body systems are explored. Many runs are made on various system configurations or designs implemented by changing masses, spring stiffness’s, and/or which bodies are linked.
Systems Behavior and Chaos: A non-mathematical introduction and analysis
Over the course of the last few years I have been looking into the behavior of several systems in order to identify basic behaviors – including chaotic oscillation – that may apply to ecological, climatic, political, economic and other large systems. This eBook is the culmination of my enquiries and it contains no mathematics, making it suitable for any analytically minded person who knows high school physics and seeks to better understand how the world works.
Clink on the links below to review each chapter and view/download the text in PDF or MS Word format.
- Abstract, preface, table of contents, references
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Fundamentals
- Chapter 3: Examples
- Chapter 4: Findings (part 1)
- Chapter 5: Findings (part 2)
- Chapter 6: Double pendulum analysis (part 1)
- Chapter 7: Double pendulum analysis (part 2)
- Chapter 8: Double pendulum analysis (part 3)
- Chapter 9: Double pendulum analysis (part 4)
- Chapter 10: Magnetic pendulum analysis
- Chapter 11: Issues in extending finding to complex real-world systems
- Chapter 12: Real-world systems